Friday, February 20, 2009

Same Sex = Same Violence

“There’s a surprise for you outside your door. Go look out the window.” The message gave me the creeps. But, I had to look. Preston was standing there. In the dark. Holding a bouquet of flowers. I didn’t know it yet, but he knew just how to conceal his madness. The next thing I remember is kneeling down in front of a water faucet trying to wash the blood off my face. I was bleeding and I was nearly naked. I started to cry and I started to walk. Nowhere in particular. Just away. Away from him. Away from everything. I had been through too much. First HIV, and now this...

This is how I begin, “GOODBYE PRESTON”. It is a tale about sexual obsession, domestic violence, and rape. It’s also a story about a sacred mission. A true story about how I agreed to participate in an abusive relationship. And, how I got out!

The purpose of this story is to help people remember they have options by describing my own. I was not alone when I began my journey. There were others there, too. Just like me. Waiting to be controlled.

This is also a story about all of us who grew up with the knowledge that we were alive for a purpose. For those of us living, and dying with life threatening illnesses. And, for anyone who has ever been involved with domestic violence.

This story is explicitly sexual, graphically violent, deeply moving, and ultimately uplifting. Written with an open mind and an open heart. I understand that nobody wants to talk about same gender partner abuse and rape. But, I hope that, if we do, we can cast a light on a darkness that doesn’t need to exist. It’s a story that needs to be told. Domestic violence occurs in gay & lesbian relationships, too!

Sincerely,
iMarko

No comments:

Post a Comment